Understanding The Competitive Landscape
What is a Competitive Landscape?
Very often we speak to business owners who do not understand why their websites are not very visible online and do not produce much in the way of sales or enquiries. They want to know what they are doing wrong.
Often, the answer is that they’re not doing anything wrong – they just happen to be up against competitors that are doing it better!
This workshop will help you find out who is competing with you for website traffic and how you can put together a digital marketing strategy to help you stand out from the crowd.
What Information Is Included in a Competitive Landscape?
A competitive Landscape gives you a comparative view of your website alongside a group of carefully selected competitors and shows you:
- Which sites you are competing with, and why
- How much traffic your site gets, compared to theirs, and why
- Which search terms trigger their website to be shown in the search engine results, compared to yours
- How much traffic they are likely to be getting
- How you compare with your competitors on Social Media
- Which of your competitors are using Paid Advertising, where and how much they are spending
- The keywords and ad text they are using.
Within a matter of hours you’ll know more about their online business than they do! You’ll Know:
- How often they are shown in Googles top 100
- Which positions they get for any of their keywords
- How many people visit their website and how long they stay
- Which are their highest earning keywords?
- How well do they perform compared to the overall trends for your market
- Plus, the exclusive Online Visibility Matrix Ranking for your site and your competitor sites
We’ll help you to build a profile of your competitors that opens up their marketing strategy for you to inspect and take the best ideas to improve upon and use for yourself.
How To Get It
You can do a basic Competitive Landscape for free using tools that you can download. If you want to go into greater depth, take out a Pitstop Pro Pass and get your personalised Competitor Dashboard with at-a-glance competitor information to help you to make profitable marketing decisions.
Competitor analysis can be a complex, time-consuming and expensive affair using data from a number of sources, lots of which is quite expensive. However, it is possible to get a good overall impression of your competitors and what they’re up to without spending a...read more
Your Competition Dashboard
All Pitstop Pass Pro & Expert Holders get this detailed, personalised Competitor Dashboard with vital information “at-a-glance” to tell you how your performance compares to your competitors. Updated weekly with help & advice on hand to make sure you get the best results.