Social Media Marketing Resources for businesses that want to be in pole position.
Social Media can be a lot of hard work for little return – unless you do it the PITSTOP Way!
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that you can enjoy Social Media Marketing success just by posting to Facebook and Twitter everyday. Those posts will bring you little or no return unless they are seen by people who are interested in your products or services.
Make sure that you get the lion’s share of what’s out there – plan your Social Media Marketing Campaign with Digital Marketing Pitstop.
The Four Elements of Social Media Success
There are now many websites that could come under the heading of “Social Media” but not all of them are, in the “traditional” sense of the term.
In this planning workshop we are only concerned with those which give businesses the opportunity to promote their products and services or to communicate and engage with their customers and prospects.
We expect the number of sites included to grow with new ones being added as their usefulness, from a marketing point of view, increases.
Our model for developing Social Media campaigns is based on the concept of there being 4 Elements of Social Media Marketing Success, namely: Social Listening, Social Influencing, Social Networking and Social Selling.
Below, we share with you our tools and techniques for harnessing all of these and taking your business forward with a solid Social Media Marketing Campaign.
People say things on Social Media websites, sometimes those things may concern you or your brand, whether good or bad you need to be aware of it and take any necessary action.
Find out how you can listen to the “Buzz” and how best to respond to it.
Social Media is the perfect place to form alliances with others who have similar, or complementary, interests. Most platforms have a group structure to support this with LinkedIn being possibly the most useful for B2B marketing and Facebook being way out in front for B2C work.
Social Media is a great place to talk about things that you know a lot about – like your products and services for example. Don’t be tempted to turn your Tweets, Posts and other content into a pitch-fest however. Give information, educate and entertain if you want people to engage with you.
An increasing number of businesses now regard Social Media as one of their main sales channels. It isn’t right for all products and services of course but it’s absolutely perfect for a lot of them – let’s work out a strategy for selling your products and services in the most effective places.
You know you should “do” Social Media Marketing but it’s hard to find ideas.
Not any more! – here are 40 to get you started. All PitStop Pass holders can download this FREE easy-to-follow guide to creating engaging content for their Social Media pages.
500 Social Media Marketing Tips – Andrew McArthy
Just updated, (Summer 2016) This is a reference work that I’ve had on my desk since it was first published. I like it because it is totally hands-on practical, step-by-step advice, no fluff.
Social Media Campaign Planning Toolkit
• 70% of small businesses have acquired customers through Facebook
• 864 million Facebook users sign in every day
• 5 new Facebook profiles are created every second
• Nearly all social media users use Facebook
• 80% of “other” social network users also use Facebook
• Facebook has nearly 1.4 billion users
• 1.31billion mobile monthly active users
• 526 million of its monthly active users access Facebook solely from their mobile devices.
• 47% of all Internet users are on Facebook
• 4.5 billion likes are generated daily
• 72% of online adults are using Facebook,
• 62% of the entire adult population is using the site
• 60% of Facebook users sign in every day
• 72% of online adults visit Facebook at least once per month
• 45% of internet users aged 65+ use Facebook
• Uploads of videos to Facebook exceeds YouTube
• Facebook drives 23% of all website traffic
• Each day on Facebook, there are 350 million photos uploaded; ; and 10 billion messages sent
• 77% of B2C companies have acquired customers through Facebook.
Facebook Advertising Options
Facebook offers a wide range of advertising options to suit many different industries and requirements. Their strength lies in the ability to target very precisely defined audiences with a range of different ad types and objectives. This is all thanks to the in-depth demographic data that Facebook holds about its members.
Don’t fall into the the “Facebook is just for kids” trap – it isn’t. In fact, although the age range 20-29 yrs is the biggest single group, the combined 30+ age groups represent over 63% of all Facebook users.
Other Facebook Options
Some options on Facebook are free to use and the most useful of these is the ability to set up a “Business Page.” Every business should have a business page and don’t just pay lip-service to it – set it up properly and optimise it because if you do, many more people will find you from it.
You should post regularly to Facebook, along with other Social Media platfroms, but bear in mind that posting alone will not increase your business – people have to interact with your posts before they will bring you any benefit.
Time to go to the Facebook Marketing Workshop to find out more.
- 80% of Internet users on Pinterest are female
- Pinterest has 100 million monthly active users
- 88% purchase a product they pinned
- 75% of usage comes from Mobile Devices
- 83% of active users prefer to follow a brand than a notable celebrity
- 80% of women and 50% of men remain active on Pinterest
- 90% of US online specialty retailers use Pinterest
- Shopping: Every day nearly 2 million people Pin product rich Pins
- Articles: More than 14 million articles are Pinned each day
- 2/3 of all the content people Pin is from a business’ website
- Pinterest accounts for 25% of all retail website referral traffic
Pinterest Marketing Options
The first stage in any marketing campaign should be to get a clear idea of who you are targeting. Download the free Customer Avatar Planning Worksheet and let’s make sure we are targeting the right demographics.
- 50% of Twitter users tweet every single day
- 67% of Twitter users are far more likely to buy from brands they follow on Twitter
- 34% of marketers have used Twitter to successfully generate new leads
- 37% of Twitter users will purchase from a brand they follow
- 90% of Twitter users say they follow businesses to get discounts and promos
- Twitter has 316 million active users
- 100 million users log in daily
- 88% of Twitter users are on mobile
- 500 million tweets are sent per day
- The average Twitter User follows five or more businesses
- Over 1/3 of Twitter users will buy from a brand they follow
- People with Twitter on their smartphone are 79% more likely to access their account several times per day
- Tweets containing image links have a 5x higher engagement rate
Twitter Marketing Options
- YouTube has over a billion users–almost a third of all people on the Internet
- Every day, people watch hundreds of millions of hours of YouTube videos and generate billions of views
- YouTube overall, and even YouTube on mobile alone, reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S
- On mobile, the average viewing session is now more than 40 minutes
- More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices
- 6 Billion hours of video are watched per month on YouTube
- There are 1 billion mobile video views per day on YouTube
- 59% of viewers will watch a video to completion if less than 1 minute long
- 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it
YouTube Marketing Options
How to Generate Leads and Sales from Social Media
- LinkedIn has 364 million registered members
- 1 in 3 professionals use LinkedIn
- 40% of Linkedin users login daily
- 41% of users visit Linkedin via mobile
- Linkedin profiles with photos are 11xs more likely to be viewed
- Linkedin has more than 300 million users
- 79% of LinkedIn users are age 35+
- 2 new users sign up to LinkedIn every second
- LinkedIn generates more leads for B2B companies than Facebook, Twitter or blogs individually
- 91% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content
- Nearly 65% of B2B companies have acquired a customer through LinkedIn
LinkedIn Marketing Options
LinkedIn off a range of advertising and promoted content opportunities – see our quick guide to LinkedIn Advertising Options here.
Instagram Marketing Options
New to Facebook Advertising? Start here with Facebook Promoted Posts.